Nerite Snail Eggs

bender77

On of my nerite snails started laying eggs last night. Since I have a new tank that will be ready for some snails soon, is there anyway I can save some to try and get babies? I've only ever had freshwater snails reproduce and those things just seemed to appear overnight

joe____17

They leay eggs like crazy but they almost never hacth. I have a bunch that lay eggs but none ever hatched.

d-dzel

Mine just laid eggs this morning. I was told the long strip was from nass snails, but there's many tiny spots around them that look like a swirl. Are those snail eggs too? What kind?

marinefishwhole

yes you can get them to hatch. i have gotten mine to hatch. it takes 6 months to a 1 year before they will hatch. it also requires an auto top off and a biologicaly stable tank mean nutrent export without water changes or water paramater changes meaning that all of your water parameters stay constaint verythig from nutrent lvls to minerals. my tank is as follows
1400 mg
600 calcium
trace amounts of copper not enoff to test tho
17-24 dkh
8.0 ph
10 ppm nitrates
0 nitrite
0 amonia
.5 ppm posphates
i do this with a macro tank 2 times larger then the main coral tank lit with 6700k t5ho
a main coral tank lit with 10000k and 420-460 atinics t5ho
a tank the same size as the main for red mangrove at the rate of 1 per 15 gal of water lit with a 26w cfl 1800 lumen 5000k bulb
a tank 1/2 the size of the main that is dark for sponges only lit by ambient light
and a tank for a 8inch deep with the surface area the same size as the main plus the macro tank all is plumed together and is drilled with 1 main return running the whole system
and carbon
no mecanical filtration of any kind
no sifening anything at all
i have 2 system set up this way
both have same water parameters
1 has been runing with no water changes for 18 months
the other has been running for 7 months no water changes