Please identify - Gorilla Crab!

ben78

Can anyone confirm if this is a gorilla crab? I smashed a chunk of live rock tonight to get it out!!!

Thank you!!!

renogaw

not purple enough to be gorilla and those claws look cupped, not pointy, but still looks nasty. smork should chime in soon asking for it though :) it may be a teddy bear...

ice4ice

That's a gorilla crab. Put him in your sump. I see someone has an interest in it as well. :joy:

renogaw

Originally Posted by Smork81
Do you want to get rid of it?
I would pay for shipping if you don't want it.
-nika
ack, the person is from australia smork!! yet another crab you probably wont get :(.

renogaw

Originally Posted by Ice4Ice
That's a gorilla crab. Put him in your sump. I see someone has an interest in it as well. :joy:
it is not a gorilla. may be a cousin to a gorilla, and coming from australia its something more local.
this is a gorilla:

smork81

Australia europe spain w/e....lol I want crabs! I want to save these little creatures from certain death by a poker!

taznut

I want crabs!
sorry looked a lot better out of context...
set up another tank for the little guys... he is cool looking...

grzy

Yes it is. I was very surprised when that guy came out to steal some shrimp that I was feeding to my anenome. He literally grabbed the shrimp from my hand.
I think I may have another one, but he hides more. I have not been able to get him out of my reef tank yet.

smork81

Originally Posted by taznut
sorry looked a lot better out of context...
set up another tank for the little guys... he is cool looking...

smork81

Originally Posted by renogaw
now that's a beautiful gorilla crab!!

Agreed!! Nice specimen you have there. Renogaw! Get to crabbin...

renogaw

Agreed!! Nice specimen you have there. Renogaw! Get to crabbin...

hahahhahah. i was looking at one this morning, and it seems to have gotten a little bolder. I'll see what i can get this weekend, and maybe get you some littlenecks from the store :p

smork81

You are joking about picking me up some littlenecks aren't you? How the heck can you ship those and keep them alive?

renogaw

You are joking about picking me up some littlenecks aren't you? How the heck can you ship those and keep them alive?
icepack and next day air :)