Schenley OFC

birdman1099
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just picked up a bottle of this...

DSCN0001.jpg

I cracked it open today and am quite impressed.

Does anyone have any info on this????

Does anyone have any info on this????

You should do a search through dougdog's old posts. We used to draw off of a similar OFC like this at the old place quite often. Good Wikkey.

Roger

I assume this was bottled when Schenley owned the bourbon distillery in Frankfort because of the O.F.C. name.

That being the current Buffalo Trace.

Schenley operated that distillery until 1983.

But it says on the label it was bottled in Canada.

So I have a question, does Buffalo Trace now own the name "O.F.C." which was once was a brand that George T Stagg produced?

I don't think it has anything to do with a bourbon distillery. It's bottled in Quebec, and OFC stands for Original Fine Canadian.

I found it rather bland when I tried it, but many others seem to enjoy it. Evidently it is the most highly-decorated Candian whisky, in terms of awards won.

and OFC stands for Original Fine Canadian.

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Schenley did own what is now Buffalo Trace and what was OFC aka Old Fire Copper.

• 3 months later...

So, do they still distill it, who distills it,under what name,and who distirbutes it?

I've been familiar with it since 1975,and enjoy it very much.However,i haven't been able to find a dealer here in Cleveland,Ohio.

The OFC distillery was a brother to the Carlisle distillery...actually they were both on the same site. What is now called BT. They were both torn down around prohibition and the current facility was brought forward.

The brand OFC is something completely different. "Old Fire Copper" was at onetime a bourbon...but eventually became a Canadian Blended whisky.

It is my understanding that Schenley OFC is no longer an 8 yr. The label no longer states the age. I made the mistake of buying a bottle. I won't make the mistake again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.